Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mischief...

Since the addition of a bowl of Halloween candy to our living room coffee table, Sarah has loved taking the pieces of candy in and out of the bowl. Occasionally, she examines the differences in, say, a square of shiny Giradelli and a round white piece of taffy. This morning she was interested in a purple dark chocolate Hershey Kiss. There was normal play, some interest in unwrapping it, a gentle reminder that we don't unwrap the candy, and I left the room to brush my teeth. I came back to this overly innocent face:


I then went digging and found this in her cheek:


It seems from the remains of purple foil that she must have sucked the chocolate out of the wrapper. Sarah never really acknowledged the deed, never asked for more. Thus far. she hasn't tried to eat any other pieces of chocolate. Maybe she prefers milk chocolate? :)

5 comments:

  1. How cute! All the Cooks, love chocolate.
    Grandma Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is my favorite flavor, and obviously will be Sarah's favorite, too. What about you Em? Isn't chocolate your favorite? Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminder that we don't unwrap the candy worked. She looks totally innocent to me.

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Ann, I am unbiased! How about a vanilla milkshake and chocolate ice cream?!

    Aunt Susan, I agree! She has learned how to work the system!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't find the foil in her diaper! :)

    ReplyDelete