Sunday, September 15, 2013

What I've Been Reading Lately

I have always really enjoyed reading. As you might expect, the last three years of my life I haven't finished that many books, and I have learned to be alright with that. Thankfully, as my little ones grow I have been able to pick up books again (and actually read them . . . you wouldn't believe how many books I have checked out from the library, renewed, and still returned unread!). Here are some on my recent reads:

This jewel puts everything in perspective. It is important to remember the big picture in the little things of life!

Don't flip out- we aren't planning to fill a charter bus with kids! But these parents do know how to parent biblically and their life stories were instructive and encouraging. It read almost like a biography.
I learned to can this summer and this book (along with frantic calls to my mom!) walked me through it step by step.

My godly friend Lisa Lowery loaned this one to me and it is still rocking my world. Angie Smith has an amazing life story to share and has a solid perspective of the Lord's sovereignty. That is sometimes hard to figure out day in and day out!

I am thankful for the opportunity to read and hope that our children will catch a love of reading in our home!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about returning unread books to the library! I read the book by the Duggars when Eli was in the houseplant stage; it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about returning unread books to the library! I read the book by the Duggars when Eli was in the houseplant stage; it's so good!

    ReplyDelete