Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Three Questions Answered

1. When are you due?

Our due date is August 25. We had an early ultrasound on February 3 at 11 weeks to confirm date and all three measurements gave a due date of August 26, so we are definitely in the right ball park. The doctor elected to stick with the original August 25 for the official estimated date of delivery.

Our little gummy bear's first photo!

2. How have you been feeling?

Pretty yucky on the whole, but I can tell I am starting to feel better. I am thankful that I didn't remember how much morning sickness takes over life before this! It has been harder than it was with Josiah and pretty similar to my pregnancy with Sarah. While I am still vomiting occasionally, I am mostly back to normal functions at this point as opposed to the bare necessities. A new symptom for me was the fatigue. There were several weeks where I had to take a nap during nap time every day and go to bed early. Productivity was way down!

3. Are you going to find out gender?

We hope so! In the next few weeks we should be able to schedule an anatomy ultrasound and will hopefully have a kind technician who will be as excited to find out gender as we are. We truly have no preference as to a girl or boy. Sarah is convinced we having a boy and a girl and is not to be persuaded otherwise, even if she will admit that there is only one baby in mommy's tummy. Dave says he imagines a girl, but has no real inkling. I, on the other hand, am convinced we are having a girl! The heartbeat is high and the throwing up was frequent, just like Sarah and not like Josiah. We'll soon see!


Our prayer? That this child would be born full term and healthy. That he/she would be filled with wisdom and faith. That God would give us wisdom as parents and overcome our limitations. We love you and thank you for loving on us!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving us (in your wonderful wording; which I love) the answers to many of 'the questions' -- but as usual, I have more! Many questions but one has a definite answer -- 'New Baby Cook' (as he/she is currently known to us) will be much loved by Papa and Goggin! (why does this system underline 'Goggin' -- she is 'for real' !?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are sharing your information with us and I am sorry, you haven't been feeling so hot. That is NO fun, when you have 2 littler persons needing your attention. I always thought that was the worst part. Hope you are soon back on course and feeling more like yourself. I am so excited and proud to being a great grandparent for the 5th time. I am sure my friends get tired of my photos and bragging all the time! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete