Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BJ's Win

Dave and I both value buying in bulk. In Louisville, we used Sam's Club. Here we have a BJ's. BJ's still has the delicious samples and great fresh food. Where it goes above and beyond is that they accept coupons.

This was a diaper buying weekend. Among other items, we were getting diaper, wipes, and toilet paper. They are big money items, but more reasonable in bulk. I culled through all the coupons and found several to try. Here is the result.

1. The purchase rings up to $150.83.


2. ALL of my coupons are accepted. That is $39.99 in coupons!


3. New total= $108.53


Now that's a BJ's win!



3 comments:

  1. Emily, you're cut from the same cloth as the rest of the "Rogers, Crecelius, Cook" family! I use coupons as much as possible, and I think Vicky would say I taught her to do so, too! We only have Sam's here, but the grocery in north GA, where we spend a lot of summertime, doubles coupons up to $.55.
    Regarding Sarah's giggling, have you seen the video of the little boy laughing when he sees paper being torn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get those $7 coupons? *jealous* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Faye- I have! He is hilarious. I kind of think Sarah might look at us like we were crazy if we tore paper in front of her!

    Meghan- The $7 was either a combined diapers and wipes coupon or a BJs store coupon. They send us a booklet each month, magazine each quarter, and always have special fliers at the front of the store. All have diaper coupons, just not always the same brand. This time they were! The lady who checked me out said she accepts everything since BJ's gets the money anyway. Her name was Penny- I plan on looking for Penny anytime I take a coupon trip!

    ReplyDelete