Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Golden Rule (Four Year Old Style)

Sarah: "Stop it Josiah . . . or I'm going to kick you!"

I heard those words, which I had never heard from her mouth before, and with a little shock in my voice called her to the kitchen to see me. When she got to my lap she was very matter of fact. She said she wasn't really going to kick him. She knew that wasn't ok. 

When I pressed her on why she threatened him, she very plainly stated that she knew you are supposed to treat others like you want to be treated. Since Josiah was kicking her and kept kicking her, he must have wanted to be kicked. 

I must admit, I laughed out loud :)

Four year old logic and sisterly love at its finest! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I got a good laugh out of that one! Well done, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you punish her after that. Quick thinking, Sarah. Wow, I never cease to be amazed at what kids say. Grandma Lynda

    ReplyDelete