Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sermon on Psalm 84

Being the kind leader that he is, Nick had cautioned me to have a sermon up my sleeve for the week his baby was born. eventually, an induction was scheduled for the second quarter of the Super Bowl, so I figured I would preach it the next week. I could just have it close to ready- just in case.

It's a good thing, because the little beauty came to join us at 4:17 Sunday Morning. Remembering a few kind waiters who jumped in for me when Sarah was born, I backed off of singing, just led the band from gutiar, polished that sermon, and delivered it a week early.

When researching the Psalm (Psalm 84) earlier that week, I was amazed at the number of subtle references the Sons of Korah made to their father, the ill-famed leader of a rebellion in the wilderness. What I thought was another poem about the Temple was actually the last chapter in a story of redemption from generational sin. And a beautiful one at that!

Here's the Sunday sermon, if you want to listen to it.



God-willing, I'll be preaching another one tomorrow morning on Psalm 23.

Disclaimer- I said "Deuteronomy" in the sermon, but the story I'm referencing encompasses much of the Old Testament, with the majority of it being in Numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment