Monday, July 2, 2012

The Joy of Waking Up to the Sun

This morning I woke up to the sun's beams coming through the window rather than Josiah's need to eat.

Josiah was 8 weeks old last Friday. While at times he has slept 4 hour stretches at night, the past few weeks he has woken to eat at 10, 1, 4, and 7 day AND night. Whew! He and I were/are both tired.

Then Friday night he made it 5 hours (10pm-3am). This meant only one feeding at night (with a little pacifier work in the morning) rather than two. Saturday he did the same- woohoo! Last night we were praying for a three-peat. It would mean he was finally stretching and we had some hope he would sleep through the night before he left for college and our focused parenting days were over :)

I woke up around 5am this morning- it is fully light here at 5- and frantically checked the monitor. Josiah was there. He was fine. I relaxed and settled back down for a bit, expecting him to wake up REALLY hungry at any moment. At 6am I woke up again, super surprised. I watched him on the monitor for a bit and he had found his thumb! For this child who loves a pacifier and is super comforted by sucking, this is a big deal. I watched him for the next half-hour start to wake up, then find his thumb and go back to sleep.

It was amazing.

Josiah got the longest sleep of his life last night (10pm-6:30am) and I have hope that my sanity may return. We praise the Lord for this answer to prayer! We thank you for praying with us!


1 comment:

  1. My dear Emily and family, I woke up to clear weather after a terrible storm last night that brought almost 4 inches of rain to Hiawassee, a thirsty land, with no damage that I can tell.

    How wonderful, Josiah is getting older and more content and sleeping success. Congratulations. Your blogs always make me smile or laugh.

    With love to everyone, Grandma Lynda

    ReplyDelete