Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Appointment Recap and Ultrasound Update

Yesterday I attended my regular monthly checkup and was assured that everything is fine and the baby sounds healthy. The heartbeat was between 120 and 130 bpm, so pretty low. The myth would say that means we have a little man on our hands, but studies have shown no actual correlation. We won't add any blue to our lives just yet!

I also asked about sleeping on my stomach and was assured that it is OK for the baby as long as it is comfortable for me, which she reminded me won't be forever. I'll take it! Now to conquer these way too vivid, detailed dreams. I got so angry with an airline in a dream this weekend. The fourth representative I talked to out of five booked me two Volvos to drive from Atlanta to Pittsburgh rather than seats on the plane. Such precise randomness!

Our biggest question coming into this appointment was whether they would want to schedule another ultrasound...and they did! While I was assured that everything seemed healthy, the nurse practitioner found insufficient pictures of the nose/lips and spine. I appreciate that while she knew how excited we were to find out gender in our last ultrasound, I don't think she would have lied to the insurance company on our behalf. That was very important to us. This time we booked our appointment with the ultrasound tech who comes to the office where we see the doctor. We are praying for a healthy baby and clear results!

Ultrasound: Tuesday, January 10, 3:15pm
Next appointment: Monday, January 30, 10:45am (at this appointment they will give instructions about the glucose test...yuck!)

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, I have had a few ultra-specifc pregnancy dreams as well. I laughed out loud at yours, that is too funny! Hope baby Cook will cooperate for the next u/s!!

    ReplyDelete