Monday, January 23, 2012

It's a Boy!

We are excited to share that we are (more than likely) having a little baby boy. If you ever get a chance to see our not so internet-friendly picture, I think you will be just as convinced :)

Unlike our other ultrasounds, we decided that I should attend this appointment alone. Dave was able to keep Sarah at the office while continuing to do some work. Like me, he loves any chance to see our little baby as an acrobat, but after the 1.5 hours of wrestling Sarah a month before, he felt we would all be more calm if I went alone.

This appointment was with an ultrasound tech who sets up in one of the exam rooms at the doctors' office twice a week. She was personable, professional, and super quick. I was in and out in 30 minutes, and that includes the times I got up to drink water, take a walk, and do some flexibility moves in an effort to get a picture of baby's spine.

Right off the bat I asked her if she would write down what we were having, only if she was sure, on the piece of paper I brought and seal it in the envelope. She was thrilled and excited to join our fun. I was thankful that she still talked through everything she was seeing, though she never focused in on gender such that I could tell. Then out of the blue she said she got a good look and was certain. Hip hip hooray! She sent me out of the room while she printed a few pictures and sealed one of them as well.

Needless-to-say, holding those envelopes was torture. I went by the office to pick up Sarah and Dave wasn't long behind us in getting home. A kind church member who knew we were going out to dinner volunteered to watch Sarah earlier in the day, so we promptly dropped her off and headed to Outback. It was agreed that after we had our drinks and had each taken a bite of the bloomin' onion, we would open the envelopes. Dave took the picture and I took the note. This is what I found...

 


This is the photo we immediately messaged to family

It seems are having a baby boy! We are excited for this new adventure and thankful for all that the Lord will teach us along the way. Our prayer has been that he and Sarah might be friends and siblings who love one another. For the rest of dinner (we split ribs and a wedge salad...YUM) we talked baby names and, oddly, what items we might want to purchase with this new addition. I think that knowing gender made it real enough to think through the details! We invite you to join us in praying that the name we give this child would be the right one. Our main prayer is that we would choose a name with a powerful meaning and possibly heritage, something we would want to come true in our little man's life. 

For your enjoyment, the other couple of pictures the tech printed for us (minus the most obvious). We looked at these before dinner.
Shout out to Dad!
Little man's profile



No comments:

Post a Comment