Sunday, November 25, 2012

MegaTrip: A New Home in the Smokeys

Part Eight in a series chronicling our first big family road trip. 

Since my childhood, our family had a rhythm of life that involved working hard all year and then escaping off to the Smokey Mountains for vacation. We tried to vacation elsewhere, but I think the Smokeys just called to my parents like a second home.

It's only fitting then, that they would eventually build a physical home there. I've been excited to think of my dad enjoying the fruits of so many years of hard work, and my mother finally getting to sew in a studio that overlooked the mountains. The home was finished about a month before we arrived at our next stop on the vacation: Townsend, TN. This new mountain home needed to be broken in with a full family gathering.

The week was full of  beautiful people and beautiful scenery. This post is dedicated to the scenery, with one to follow that shall be full of people.

The morning fog from my parents' new home

We saw a bear in Cade's Cove

Cade's Cove, taken by my mom

The view from Look Rock

The stars were out that week

The stars from my parents' back porch

One of the many beautiful places you can stop and lose your breath

No comments:

Post a Comment